1.01.2013

2013

It's a brand new year! Which means two things: one, time to attempt some resolutions again (and fail), and two, time for a new drop-down bar on the left menu! Yahoo!

Reading over this article on xoJane (http://www.xojane.com/relationships/resolutions-to-live-my-life-by-in-2013-featuring-salt) I decided that I should wanted to share with you my 2013 resolutions.

At my friend's house last night, I asked everyone what their resolutions were going to be. I have to admit, my friends and I are quite boring. The most eccentric resolution came from our friend Mach, his was to "kick ass". I don't know how he's going to kick ass in 2013, but I decided I was going to kick some ass right alongside him. 2013 is going to be my year! 2013 PREPARE TO BE ASS KICKED!!!!

Before I share with you all my deep dark resolutions, I want you to know that I would love to hear about your resolutions and goals as well, or just plans for the new year. My comments rarely get used even though I have a statistic viewer of the visitors of this site, so I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE READERS!!!! So comment away, I won't hurt you.

1. Stop biting/picking at my nails

This one is reoccurring every year since I was old enough to know what resolutions were. I have been biting my nails since two or three years old (my mom never fails to point that out to me). And every year I declare that no more will I need to wrap my bleeding cuticles in Barbie band-aids, and every year I end up rubbing nail treatments and creams onto my poor nail buds as if some lotions will end my bad habits.

A+ Life, man (I am the essence of cheesy)
But thanks to a segment on bad habits by Dr. Phil, I think I have finally found some ways to prevent myself from biting and pulling and picking.

2. Reach High Honor Roll grades for the overall school year

(Yes, this one is very boring.) This one is pretty self explanatory-- maintain good grades, work very hard and then at the end of the school year make sure I make High Honor Roll. As I say this I realize I should probably not be blogging and instead preparing for school tomorrow and the last half of the second marking period......

3. Do something reckless

It's vague, but honestly, doing something reckless is a goal of mine this year. If this means something as extreme as bungee jumping, or something smaller, I don't know. And maybe I won't know when it happens either! But I think that if you live and maintain a happy, healthy life, one reckless thing is permitted per year (Isabella Philosophy right there).

4. Maintain a healthy life

This was the first year in my life where I was conscious about my body and aware of the fact that during field hockey season I lost weight and I felt really good about my body. Then, of course, after the fall season ended, I gained weight back again. I'm not saying I am at all fat, I am happy with my body and know that I'm at a good weight for my height, age, and hip ratio (thanks Mom for that lovely gene).

But I also know that everyone can make healthier food choices and exercising plans... so one of my resolutions is basically not to be a pig, don't reach for another piece of bread at the dinner table, and go for runs more often.

5. Do something for ME (professionally)

I know that all of these resolutions are about me, but this one is about my career. And I know that is very presumptuous and far-fetched, but I believe that you're never too young to start shaping your future. (I mean look at freaking Tavi Gevinson-- sophomore in high school, published book, successful online magazine and blog, invited to top runways and fashion shows.)

So this year I want to do something about my life and start my career. I don't know how I'm going to do this but it will happen. I promise.

6. Be more assertive

I can never speak my mind freely or tell people how I really feel, so this year I'm going to work on being more assertive. Putting myself before other people more often. Making myself happy! :)


SO all in all, I am ready to kick 2013's ass and make it the best year for me (until 2014).
I hope you all had a great start to the new year and have many goals to fail at alongside with me!!!

PS-- 2013 is the first year since 1987 to have four different digits. My mom said that 1987 was a great year (I'm a little worried about that but....) so I think that's a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment