12.27.2011

Culture Shock


The best dreams for me are when I do something drastic or I say something completely honest and just a little bit bitchy. But the best part of it all is when everything I say, comes out perfectly phrased, honest but not too mean, and reminds me of a movie.

I think everybody in the whole world will agree that the best moments, are the ones that look like they came straight out of a movie.

As much as we try to put together our thoughts and confront the evils in our lives, its always a little less like a movie and doesn't go exactly as planned.
We try our hardest to stage moments and put together scenes... we should just realize that movies are calculated and unrealistic (like really... Jake Ryan in real life would not have the guts to wait outside a church just waiting for you, Samantha Baker, to come out behind the bride in your glitzy pink bridesmaids dress... and who ever told Jake which church!? huh!?)....
So basically I'm being the Grinch who pops your unrealistic but fantastical bubble of unreality in your head and screaming, "GET OVER IT!"

But then again, there's no harm done in dreaming a little...

Birthday cake and hangover daze both from Sixteen Candles.
Most realistic prom scene ever from Napoleon Dynamite. Classic 'zombie' dancing and awkward eye contact... never gets old.

And the most UNrealistic prom scene from High School Musical 3... I feel like our generation has failed itself... Telling your grandchildren to watch HSM to see what the 2000s was like is almost as bad as your eyes bleeding...

The perfect photo of Cher from Clueless. I hated this movie the first time I saw it.. now I love it. Expecially the clothes... expecially Muffy.

Amazingly unrealistic... but possibly probable... disaster looks from Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and MTV's tv show Awkward.



The suicide explosion with Winnona Ryder and Christian Slater, the Heathers and Veronica, and the Heathers title all from (wouldn't you know it) Heathers.

The costume Homecoming in Never Been Kissed (worst movie on the planet... by the way).

And of course the famous Say Anything scene when John Cusack comes up to his forbidden love's window (re-created by the sexy as hell Penn Badgley in Easy A).

So... to be cheesy and quote John Lennon, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope that someday you will join us, and the world will live as one."

Dream on.

4 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. womanstyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. scorts zaragoza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! go now

    ReplyDelete