3.23.2014

Spring Fashion Highlights

If I could do a back flip, I would do a back flip right now. Finally, the God-awful winter has been pushed away by this glorious spring weather. Granted, still had to wear a blazer rolled up over my long sleeve shirt on Friday....BUT we'll forget about that minor detail and look ahead to the spring!
My favorite time to shop is (well, honestly autumn) spring! The refreshing colors and cute styles make me forget how miserable I had been during this long ass winter. Put a spring in your step and check out my favorite looks for the impending warm weather!

Peachy Lips
Slightly orange, slightly pink, PEACH! This light and bright hue instantly make any outfit more feminine, classy, and fun. I'm very excited to experiment with my own lip glosses, sticks, and stains to find my perfect peach pout. (Hopefully, Dior's new line of liquid lipsticks (search #thisisnotalipstick on Instagram) will feature a peachy shade.)

Skirts (L to R): Ann Taylor, Stella Jean, and on the streets of Milan during Fashion Week.

Full Skirts
NEVER thought I would hop on the band wagon for this look, but I find myself loving the full skirts claiming spring as their own. Either knee-length or mid-calf, I think pairing an elegant skirt with a blouse, light sweater or casual tee creates a great feminine and easy look.


Bold Sunglasses
The sunglass trend of this spring seems to be sans frames, I'm not feeling that. In addition to the frame-less shades, the bigger seems to be the better. So I'm going to splurge on cheap crazy sunglasses and wear them fiercely. (Sorry to my Wayfarer babies, you're getting the shelf for a little while.) I advise you all to grab your own pair of outrageous sunnies and show 'em off.

Capris/Cropped Pants
Throwback to the Britney era of low-slung jeans and belly chains. The new, classy trend I am looking forward too includes more material covering our bellies but less covering our ankles. The cuffed, capri, or cropped slacks look is becoming a staple of spring fashion. Not hot enough for shorts, but warm enough for light weight pants and breezy tops paired with flats or sneakers.

Statement Jewelry
Bold necklaces, oversized earrings and heavy cocktail rings accessorize any minimalist spring outfit with flair. Cheap costume jewelry can instantly give your simple outfits note-worthy attention and a pop of fun. The great thing about jewelry is that you don't have to try hard, it does all the magic for you. Jewelry is the easiest way to elevate any outfit. 


Cross your fingers this warm weather stays & spring shopping can happen even sooner! 


No comments:

Post a Comment