4.15.2014

Flip This Weave

The summer, for me, is the worst when it comes to my hair. I'm in the ocean or pool or lake too often to continually straighten it or keep it pretty, so I tend to braid it or throw it up in a bun to keep out of my face. But as the day closes and I pull my hair down, it's horrifying. Knots and curls and frizz take over my head, also taking away any chance I had to comb it and possibly leave it down. I've been trying to find cute and easy ways to keep my hair at bay while also out of my face. Eliminating a top-knot would be eliminating so much hassle and annoyance, so I've tried to find some other alternatives.

I love Free People's beauty blog because they offer easy solutions to hair and makeup problems, while highlighting the endorsement of natural products and herbal remedies (which I LOVE). Ditching chemicals and choosing the eu naturale look is so critical for your body and your mind. I'm a huge believer in natural products- especially Origins- and truly think your skin and body breathe a sigh of relief when you stop layering on loads of makeup and chemicals.

Aside from their beauty installments, Free People has awesome easy-to-do hair styles that range from festival looks to casual messy do's. I've found some favorites (and some extras not from Free People) that will definitely help me this summer, hope they solve all of your hair troubles, too!

Creative Ponytails- The ease and simplicity are there, but then with an added flair. High ponytails are nice because they keep your hair away from your face, but this Free People pony includes small braids to elevate the look. Another tip they have is to use beaded hair elastics or other fun hair accessories to make your drab tail a fabulous hair do.




Braid Ins- Adding style to a normal braid, Free People weaves "braid ins", leather already made braids, into your hair. They create a beachy look with absolutely no trouble or difficulty. In addition to braid ins, I think ribbons or feathers would be a really cool addition to any braid whether it be during the day or at night.

Braided Fishtails- Instead of a tight braid or an organized fishtail, why not be creative and do both?! Just start with a normal braid but finish it off by fishtailing the bottom. I'm basically braid challenged, so if I can do
this hairstyle, you can pull this off easily.



Double Ponytail (not pigtails)- I've actually done this hair style once last year. I think it came out pretty cool, and its so, so easy. Take about 3/4 of your hair, or the crown of your head, and high ponytail it. Then, take the extra hair at the bottom of your head and ponytail that a few inches below your high ponytail. Fluff up the top ponytail to cover over the lower one. Your hair looks double the length and stays in a cute, sporty ponytail.


And of course, there is the Urban Outfitter's "lived in" rope braid tutorial that I posted on my most recent Best of the Web post. 

There are so many easy hair do's to try out and experiment with this summer! If there are any other easy, summer hair do's that you love, share it with me in the comments! 

*I take no credit for these photos. All photos found online.*

No comments:

Post a Comment