10.03.2011

Yay or No Way: Neons for Fall


Lots of major brands are doing the daring, being bold and brashy. They're pulling
out their neons.
This is like one of those red flags crazy Spanish people do when they're trying to
fight bulls (at least their matador jackets can be fashionable). The neons are
making a come back, but what I don't get is:
why in the fall? I'm all for 80's punchy neons and bright pieces, but in my humble
opinion, fall is reserved for darker hues and deeper tints. Why wear neon orange
and look like a crossing guard when everyone and everything around you in
hunkering down for the upcoming winter?
Don't get me wrong, I am all for unique-ness and individuality. But I personally
think that the people I look up too and would die for, have drunk a few too many
pumpkin martini's issuing the new fall season in.
But what do you think?
You all said No Way to floral jeans (which didn't die all too quick believe it or not)
and to the ever present... and ever un-flattering... bohemian skirts. So what do
you think of this new trend?
Is it a hit, or a complete and utter miss?

(Photo featuring Michael Kors and his new fall line in neon colors.)

No comments:

Post a Comment