3.24.2014

Into the Gloss



Being a girl, lip gloss is like a rite of passage. Starting with hoarding Lip Smackers in fourth grade and stealing swipes from our mother's tubes, lip gloss is an institution for any woman. Through my many year's of trying to be beautiful but realizing that I literally have no idea what I'm doing and am way to lazy to learn, I have picked up my fair share of drugstore lip balms, sticks, glosses, tints, pencils, and stains. Here is a list I composed of a few of my favorites (aka the best cheap lip glosses I've bought that I can remember).

Rosebud Salve


Rosebud Salve has saved my lips time and time again. I probably bought the tin five years ago, and I still have tons left. A Vaseline-like petroleum jelly salve that can also be used on fingernails, small spots of dry skin, and to heal small cuts or blemishes. American Apparel sells Rosebud Salve in bulk supply so there's probably tons of other tints or flavors to buy versus my boring original. 

  elf Glossy Gloss


My hoochie-mama pale pink lip gloss that accentuates any other color. I put on a quick swipe over colorless Chapstick or even over a darker lipstick. Every girl needs her own pale pink lip gloss to wear by itself in the summer or add a touch of glamour to a boring day.

NARS Plum Lipstick


The boldest, darkest color of lipstick I've ever owned but love so, so much. Given as a gift, I was hesitant to try it but I now believe a dark lip elevates any formal outfit. Still not a big believer of wearing a dark lip on the daily, but I definitely like it for going out at night to fancier events.

Covergirl Outlast Lip Stain


THIS STUFF IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER! I use this more than anything. This Covergirl Lip Stain comes in an easy to use marker like tube, you seriously just drag it over your lips like coloring inside the lines. My color isn't so obvious, it just brightens up my boring mouth. I use this at night and in the day- if you're in the market for a new lip color, think no further, buy this!

Buxom Lip Gloss


This lip gloss is such a fun, classic color but I love it even more because of it's minty flavor. When applying it, there's a slight mint bite that makes me feel like I'm doing something good for my mouth while making my pout look cute and kissable.

--My favorite lip products can be found at local drug stores (my favorite hobbie is raiding the makeup aisle at my town's RiteAid) or at official cosmetic stores (i.e. NARS, etc...).



No comments:

Post a Comment