11.09.2013

Possibly Homeless


Playing Devil's advocate to my latest post about the high-class, expensive looks in Sofia Coppola's, The Bling Ring, I thought I should include fashion's ugly step-sister. The return of 90's grunge has fallen upon us. And yes, yes I absolutely love it. If I wasn't such a East Coast, prepster yuppie, you can bet I'd be rocking the over-sized flannels, boyfriend jeans, and beanies on a daily rotation... But, I am part of the Vineyard Vines/Lilly Pulitzer poster family so my flirtations with grunge style are infrequent and sporadic. I can still love from afar though, can't I?




How to: rock "grunge". It's pretty hard to look this bad. It takes deliberate skill to match over-sized pieces with falling apart or worn out items. Start with the basics- over-sized sweaters or t-shirts (graphic t-shirts promoting old school rock bands or bitchy slogans work best), ripped apart or sagging denim, boots or sneakers with snazzy socks, and some type of hat to hide the perfectly-contstructed bed head underneath it.


 One of grunge's biggest poster models, Kurt Cobain, prominent signer and suicidal junkie of 90's punk band, Nirvana.


(None of these photos are my own, they have been found on Tumblr and Google. I do not take credit for these images.)

No comments:

Post a Comment